Friday, July 10, 2009

Look What I Won!!!

Isn't it great?!?



My very first running award!!! Here's the email they sent me...

=============

Hello Kyle,

It appears that you finished in position 2 of the Male 20 to 24 age group of the 10K. If you haven't already picked up your award, we welcome you to do so at are at the Freedom Festival Office. It is located.....

..... Given the bulk of the crystals used as awards, we are unable to mail them to you. We will keep them on hand for the next two weeks. If you are out of town, we encourage you to have a friend or family member get the award for you.

All the best,

Scott and Craig

=============

Of course, I let them know that I didn't really deserve the award because of my late start and lack of completing the actual 10K. Still, I am very flattered. Though I must say that I am unimpressed with the fact that they sent me a picture of the 3rd place award, and not my rightful 2nd place award. How do I know if it's worth picking up if I don't even know what it looks like?

1 comment:

Kyle said...

The thing that really gets me is that you completely bypassed their ability to verify the winners ... without even trying. I'm not so impressed with their judges. Good work, lol!