Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cheyenne

Well, I'm doing just dandy 456 miles and 6 hrs into my road trip from Utah to Ohio. So far it's been a blast! Okay, well it's mostly been incredibly boring... but that's why we have blogs, right? To make our lives appear more exciting than they really are.

I present to you My Journey from "Bubble" to "Real World". Hope you enjoy...

I HATE packing...

Leaving Utah... *sniff*

Most of Wyoming's landscape was pretty much like Utah (boring) with two exceptions:

Windmills

Clouds


My car leaking fluid in the middle of nowhere...


When I got to Cheyenne I had to find a place to stay the night. I've seen Dad do this before, so I figured it wouldn't be that bad. I started investigating motels asking prices and amenities... I stumbled across two types of motels. Guess which one I picked?

#1
#2

After #2 told me the price was $89/night, I told her I would be back after checking out other places. She quickly offered me $75/night. I told her that was very nice and that I would still check the other places, but would probably come back. She then lowered it to $69 for the night if I stayed, so I asked to see the room:

I said "Let's do it!" :) They even had a fitness room upstairs, so I ran a mile before going to dinner. I'm proud to say that I ran the mile in 7 1/2 minutes. Probably leftover fitness from my extremely successful 10 K Freedom Run (refer to previous blog entries).

2 comments:

Brett said...

This is Stacey: Why the heck are you filming while you are driving? That is not safe at all. Good job on the updates and the driving so far. Good luck tomorrow.

Jodi said...

YEA! for the updated blog post - and I DO NOT have a blog to make my life look more exciting...RUDE! Glad you are being safe (other than filming while driving) Keep it up - we're excited to see the rest of your trip!!