Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Half Marathon Results

Well, I did it!!! On August 29th after 1hr and 50 minutes, I developed asthma for the first time in my entire life! Go me. Better yet, I finished my first half marathon. I received an official email with my stats:

"Congratulations on finishing the Hobble Creek Half Marathon 2008 on August 23, 2008. For your records, the weather that day was warm and sunny. There were 30 finishers in the 19 to 24 age group and 1038 finishers in the race. Your overall finish place was 378 and your age group finish place was 12. Your overall finish percentile was 36 while your age group percentile was 40. Your time of 1:50:12.9 gave you a 8:25 pace per mile. Complete Results can be found online at www.SRCevents.com/hobblecreek. If you did not receive your award, they will be available at Runners Corner in Orem for the next week, as well as any lost clothing items.We hope to see you again next year."



Here I am .05 miles away from the finish line (Mom took these pics).















Apparently I smile when I'm exhausted. Who knew?














What a sweet feeling it was to earn the title of "finisher". I couldn't have earned it without my awesome sister-in-law! She invited me to do the run in the first place, then kept me motivated all through our training program. Thanks Stace!

No comments: